Escrivo is an active participant in the economy and the community and we take our Corporate and Social Responsibilities and obligations seriously.
In terms of our commitment to the Community,
- We have made the Scottish Business Pledge, a commitment to sustainability and growth based on positive policies regarding Living Wage, Zero Hours Contracts, Workforce Engagement, Investment in Young People, a Balanced Workforce, Innovation, Internationalisation, Community and Prompt Payment.
- We contribute to employability initiatives in local schools and some of our team are STEM Ambassadors.
- We have active programmes to provide Work Experience (for school pupils) and Internships (for college & university students).
- We work at reduced rates with a number of National and local charitable organisations
Our commitment to the Environment is based on our Sustainable Development Policy which ensures:
- that we specifiy low-power-consumption hardware and "green" computing equipment;
- that we keep power consumption and resource usage to a minimum by using server virtualisation and shared servers whenever possible in both our development and live environments, and that we switch off non-essential equipment when not in use;
- that where possible we conduct business electronically to minimise paper use;
- that we adopt the "reduce, reuse, recycle" philosophy with respect to all aspects of our capital and consumables purchasing and disposals.
We have made a public Resource Efficiency Pledge and we hold ISO14001:2004 certification for environmental management. We welcome enquiries regarding our commitments to quality & environmental management: please contact us for more information
We have committed to support the development of our Marketplace:
- Escrivo is a member of Scotland IS, the trade body for Scotland's ICT industry.
- We are registrars and members of Nominet, one of the world's largest domain registries and the body responsible for managing almost all of the UK's .uk domains.
- We contribute time and expertise to the Business Mentoring Programme run by Scottish Enterprise.
- Escrivo is a member of Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce.
- We actively work with Edinburgh College's Creative Advisory Panel for Employability and participate in a number of other employability initiatives.
For more information on our Corporate Social Responsibility programmes, please contact Escrivo.